Frequently Asked Questions
The following is a list of questions we hear the most. If you don’t find the answers you need here, please contact us at email@example.com
What Is Digicel Online Top Up & How Do I Use It?
- What is Digicel Online Top Up?
- Can minutes (credit) be sent to any Digicel prepaid number worldwide?
- How do I use the Online Top Up site from my mobile?
- What is the Online Top Up Credit expiry for Jamaica?
Creating and Managing Your Account
- How do I create an Online Top Up account?
- Why is my email address required to register and use the service?
- What is needed to use Digicel Online Top Up?
- How do I view my account history?
- Can I delete my account history?
- How do I view/edit my contacts?
- Can I reset my password?
Credit Card and Payment Details
- What cards are accepted on the website?
- Do I have to enter my credit card information each time I use the Digicel Top Up site?
- How do I remove my stored credit card?
- What currency can payment be made in?
- What is the exchange rate when purchasing minutes?
- Is tax added to the purchases?
- Is there a charge for using the Digicel Online Top Up site?
- Do I receive some form of receipt for my transaction?
Bonus Minutes and Rewards
- If promotion bonuses are being awarded for other top up promotions will this be offered also for Digicel Online Top Ups?
- Will loyalty points be earned whenever minutes are added via Digicel Online Top Up? (Applies to Jamaica Only)
- What is the time allotted to use bonus minutes?
- How do I check my bonus minutes (credit) balance?
Verifying a Transaction and Mobile Number
- Is there a way to verify the amount the topped up number will receive?
- Why has my Top Up failed?
- What happens if I enter the wrong recipient number?
- The recipient number I entered isn't working
Automatic & Fingertip Top Up
- What is Automatic Top Up?
- How to I schedule an automatic top up?
- How do I cancel a scheduled automatic top up?
- What is Fingertip Top Up?
- How do I use Fingertip Top Up?
- How do I cancel my Fingertip Top Up service?
- Do I need to save my credit card to use Automatic and Fingertip services?
Security and Privacy
WHAT IS DIGICEL ONLINE TOP UP & HOW DO I USE IT?
What is Digicel Online Top Up?
- The service allows customers to go to the Digicel website or the Digicel Top Up App and top up any Digicel prepaid number.
- This service can be accessed by going to the Digicel website http://online-top-up.digicelgroup.com & logging in or by download the Top Up App.
Can minutes (credit) be sent to any Digicel prepaid number worldwide?
Yes. The service is available to all Digicel territories below:
Trinidad & Tobago
British Virgin Islands
St. Kitts & Nevis
Papua New Guinea
How do I use the Online Top Up site from my mobile?
In your mobile browser enter: https://online-top-up.digicelgroup.com this will automatically redirect you to our mobile optimized website. Please remember to bookmark this page for easy access when topping up via the mobile site.
What is the Online Top Up credit expiry for Jamaica?
You have 90 days in which to top-up your Digicel account after the expiration of each top up. If you fail to do this, your account will be deactivated. You will be able to receive calls but will need to top-up in order to make a call. If your account remains dormant for an additional 30 days, your account will automatically be terminated which means you will have to purchase a new SIM card and a new number will be provisioned.
|Card Value ($)||Expiration Date|
JM$600, JM$700, JM$800
42 days after top-up
JM$1000, JM$1250, JM$1500, JM$1600, JM$1750, JM$2000, JM$2400, JM$2400, JM$2600, JM$2,800, JM$3000, JM$4000
120 days after top-up
150 days after top-up
CREATING AND MANAGING YOUR ACCOUNT
How do I create an Online Top Up account?
To create an account, follow these simple steps:
- Enter your order details e.g. the recipient number and the top up amount
- Complete the registration form
- We will send an activation email to your email address
- Click on the activation link in the email
- After clicking on the link, your account is activated and you can sign in
- When you've signed in this will take you to the Review Order page. Complete your order by entering your card payment details
- Your Top Up is sent instantly to the mobile phone!
Why is my email address required to register and use the service?
The email address is used as a part of the customer care and identification processes, so that you can be contacted if there are any difficulties using the service.
What is needed to use Digicel Online Top Up?
Customers will need:
- An active Digicel Online Top Up account.
- A valid credit or debit card MasterCard, VISA, Amex, NCB KeyCard, Diners, Discover, Maestro or PayPal account
- An active prepaid Digicel number
- A valid email address
I didn't receive my registration confirmation email - what do I do?
- Please check your junk email or spam filter
- Please check you have used a valid email address. If not, please register again using a valid email address.
- Contact Customer Care using the details on the Online Top Up website.
How do I view my account history?
You may view your account history when logged in, by clicking on your user name in the top right hand corner of the screen and selecting 'history' from the drop down menu.
Can I delete my account history?
No. The account history cannot be deleted. This provides an important record of your past transactions on the Digicel Online top up website.
How do I view/edit my contacts?
Log in and click the down arrow next to your username - you will see a “Contacts” option. Here you will see all numbers you have sent minutes to. You may assign names to each contact here or add new contacts.
To view your contacts when sending a top up, please click the icon with the down arrow that is located to the right of the text box used to enter a phone number (You will see this after you have logged in only).
Can I reset my password?
Yes, on the Log in page please use the link "Help! I have forgotten my password" to reset your password.
CREDIT CARD AND PAYMENT DETAILS
What payment methods are accepted on the website?
You can use any of the following payment methods:
- VISA Credit cards
- VISA Debit cards
- VISA Electron cards
- MasterCard Credit cards
- MasterCard Debit cards
- NCB Key Cards
- American Express
- Paypal - This is accepted for select currencies
Do I have to enter my credit card information each time I use the Digicel Top Up site?
It is not necessary to enter your card details each time you use the site. If you wish to save your cards details, please tick on the 'save card' box as you complete your payment details. This is safe and secure.
How do I remove my stored credit card?
You can remove a stored card by first selecting it from the 'Choose your card' menu under the Order Summary and then clicking on the 'Remove this card' option that appears
Please note, that once a stored card is deleted, it cannot be restored. This is a security limitation with our processor, whose systems store the cards.
What currency can payment be made in?
Payment can be made online in your local currency. You may edit the billing currency when you are on the “Pay and Checkout” page by selecting an option from the drop down menu on the Order Details panel to the bottom right of page.
What is the exchange rate when purchasing minutes?
Exchange rates fluctuate daily and are automatically updated to reflect these changes. The website will state the total amount the recipient will receive before you submit the transaction.
Is tax added to the purchases?
Sales or Value Added Taxes are applied to purchases according to the Digicel country that receives the top up. The value top up received is minus the tax amount.
Is there a charge for using the Digicel Online Top Up site?
There are no transaction fees charged for transacting with Digicel Online, however please check with your respective banks as some may charge a banking fee.
Do I receive some form of receipt for my transaction?
Once the transaction is successful you will receive the following forms of confirmation:
- A summary is presented on screen at the end of the transaction.
- An confirmation email with a receipt for your transaction is sent to your email account
- You can view a record of the transaction in the history tab in your online top up account
- The recipient will receive a text message confirming the top up received to their mobile phone
BONUS MINUTES AND REWARDS
If promotion bonuses are being awarded for other top up promotions will this be offered also for Digicel Online Top Ups?
Digicel Online Top Ups are usually treated as a regular top up, so most promotional offerings apply. Please see terms and conditions for specific promotions to confirm online top ups qualify.
Will loyalty points be earned whenever minutes are added via Digicel Online Top Up? (applies to Jamaica only)
Yes. The phone number topped up will receive Digicel Loyalty Points for credit added via Digicel Online Top Up. If the amount that is placed on the phone is less than $100 the loyalty points will be pro-rated.
What is the time allotted to use bonus minutes?
This varies for each country and ranges from 2 to 10 days. Please refer to the “Bonus Offers” link on the Terms and Conditions page for the bonus expiry for your specific country.
How do I check my bonus minutes (credit) balance?
This varies for each country and is accessed by dialing a short code. Please refer to the “Bonus Offers” link on the Terms and Conditions page for the short code that applies to your country.
VERIFYING A TRANSACTION AND MOBILE NUMBER
Is there a way to verify the amount the topped up number will receive?
The amount of top up the number will receive is displayed when you have selected a top up amount and is also visible in the 'history' tab when logged in to your account. The following SMS will be also sent to the receiver of Top Up:
"You have received $xx.xx with Digicel Online Top Up. Your balance is $xx.xx. Online Top ups of $xx or more get up to xx bonus. *xxx*x# to check bonus"
Why has my Top Up failed?
Here are the main reasons why your Top Up may fail:
- Your bank may have declined the payment
- There may have been a problem processing the payment. In this case, please contact Customer Care (contact details are on each page of the website) or try again
- You have hit a limit on number of transactions.
- The recipient number is invalid
What happens if I enter the wrong recipient number?
The system verifies each number that is entered for a top up and will return a message advising whether or not the Top Up can be completed. If top up is sent to an incorrect number, Digicel will be unable to provide a rebate as minutes are sent instantly and immediately available for use.
The recipient number I entered is not working
Please check the number you have entered is a Digicel prepaid number. If you are attempting to top up a Digicel number that is registered as a postpaid phone, you will see the following message "Your order cannot be created. Please try again".
AUTOMATIC & FINGERTIP TOP UP
What is Automatic Top Up?
Automatic top up is a free service that allows you to complete a one-time set up to schedule future top ups for a specific date and time. These top ups may be scheduled to repeat daily, weekly or monthly and can be cancelled at any time.
How to I schedule an automatic top up?
Firstly, you will need to have your credit card information stored to allow charges for scheduled top ups. If your credit card is not stored you will be required to complete a top up and ensure that you choose to save your credit card when entering your payment details. When complete:
- Proceed to "Top Up Methods" on the main menu
- Select "Automatic"
- Select "Add New" then complete the form displayed. You will be required to assign a name to this automated top up, enter the phone number that will be receiving the top up, top up amount, and your desired frequency
- When finished please click "SAVE".
Please note, the service cannot be used with PayPal, AmEx or NCB KeyCard.
How do I cancel a scheduled automatic top up?
To cancel your scheduled top ups, Log into your account then go to Top Up methods and select “Automatic”. All automated top ups that have been set up on your account will be displayed. Below each of these you will see a “delete” link, please click this link to cancel any future automated top ups.
What is Fingertip Top Up?
The Fingertip Top Up feature enables you to quickly send top ups via your mobile phone from any location, at any time to any Digicel prepaid phone.
How do I use Fingertip Top Up?
Like Automatic Top Up, you will need to have your credit card information stored to allow charges for Fingertip top ups. If your credit card is not stored you will be required to complete a top up via a desktop computer and ensure that you choose to save your credit card when entering your payment details. When complete:
- Proceed to "Top Up Methods" on the main menu
- Select "Fingertip"
- You may then follow the instructions on the screen.
- You will receive a 3 digit service code as well as a 5 digit Fingertip password token (which you may change at any time).
To complete a Fingertip top up from your phone you will use your 3 digit service code, 5 digit password token, short code (which represents the top up amounts available on Digicel Online) and the area code + phone number (not needed if you are topping up your own phone). The below is an example of what you would dial from our mobile to complete a fingertip top up.
Please note, the service cannot be used with PayPal, AMEX or NCB KeyCard.
How do I cancel my Fingertip Top Up service?
To cancel your Fingertip service, Log into your account then go to Top Up methods and select “Fingertip”. Your Fingertip Top Up details will be displayed here and you may click the delete link at the end of the page to cancel the service.
Do I need to save my credit card to use Automatic and Fingertip services?
You must have completed a transaction on the Digicel Online Top Up site and stored your Visa, MasterCard, Diners or Discover card to use Automatic and Fingertip services.
SECURITY AND PRIVACY
Is my email address and credit card safe?
Digicel does not share any customers email address with third parties. We will only use your email address to send information on online offers and you are free to opt-out from these emails at any time.
All information transmitted is done through secure protocols (SSL - Secure Socket Layer); one of the most widely used and safest security protocols available on the web - you will see it used at all leading sites. When completing a transaction, Digicel does not store your credit card information. All sensitive information is held by our payment processor who keeps this data secure to the stringent requirements of the Visa and Mastercard compliance teams, which includes PCI compliance.
For more information on security and privacy policies of our website please click here .
Why am I required to agree to your terms and conditions?
This is a part of the policy to protect your privacy and security and the terms of service is used to protect your rights.